Thursday, November 3, 2011

Doggie Day Care!

So Im sure you have already seen many times I say how amazing Kathryn is, and this is yet another example!

So I have been looking for work for the better part of a year, but many factors are working against me in this regard. First and most obvious is the economy, but thats not all of it. Next I dont actually have any full time or part time work experience. Although I have many many volunteer activities, and 2 seasons of helping UPS drivers as the dude that rides in the seat and runs packages to doors while he gets the next set ready... I have nothing as true documented full time work experience. Another problem is my school schedule.... its Monday-Friday from 8:00 am until 2:30 pm (typically) and not many jobs were too enthusiastic with hiring someone able to work from approx. 3pm and on. Last but not least... not too many places are happy with my choice not to work on Sundays... which is a shame.

I had mentioned this to Kathryn probably more times than she probably cared to hear but we were both kind of stuck with trying to find any kind of work that would help us with our various expenses ( school for me). Kathryn had talked about her times at the Academy of Canine Behavior and at the time, I enjoyed the stories but didnt really apply them to myself possibly working there.... Well recently her brother Dan, who works there mentioned that someone from the evening shift ( pretty much 3pm til 7 ish---- perfect!) would be leaving soon and that position opening. Kathryn remembered this and talked to him to have him refer me to his boss.

Well I recieved the call today about 15 minutes before I had lunch and by the afternoon when I returned from school I was able to call back and now I have scheduled a working interview tomorrow at 3:00! It seems like I will have 3 days of working interviews to see if they want to keep me! All of this wouldnt have been possible had Kathryn not remembered and Dan hadnt mentioned that! Its funny too, because Dan's boss said that she was confident Dan wouldnt just recommend anyone that he didnt want to work with so I am glad I have his confidence too!

Thank you Kathryn and Dan, I love your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment